No one wants to be in an accident, accidents do happen and it’s important that you and every driver in your household know what to do if it happens.
Here are 10 things to do immediately.
- Stop your vehicle and move it to a safe location. The law requires you to stop at the accident scene.
- Check all parties for injuries and call for medical assistance if needed.
- Call the police. The police will advise you if their response to the scene is unnecessary.
- Do not admit fault to anyone, as there could be multiple factors contributing to an accident. Give factual details of your recollection of the accident and cooperate with the police in providing answers to their questions.
- Exchange information with the other parties involved in the accident. Names, addresses, telephone numbers, type and ownership of vehicles, insurance information and description of damages are important information to obtain.
- Identify any witnesses. Ask for their names, addresses, and telephone numbers.
- If your vehicle needs to be towed, request that it be taken to a repair shop of your choice.
- If possible, take photos of the accident scene prior to the involved vehicles being moved.
- As soon as possible, Contact Us to report the accident or you may use our Service Center to find the direct claims reporting information for the insurance company you are insured with.
- If you suspect insurance fraud, please let us know.
Don’t insure your autos with COVA Insurance? Give us a call and we’ll provide you with a competitive quote with great coverage
ABOUT COVA INSURANCE
COVA Insurance has been meeting the needs of our customers since 2019. As a full-service insurance agency built on the foundation of customer loyalty and trust, our aim is to develop long-term relationships with our clients.
We serve the Hampton Roads Area as well as all of Coastal and Inland Virginia. We hold insurance licenses in Virginia, North & South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Florida.